Earlier this year I decided to go back to uni to finish my bachelor degree. I’m not sure why. It seemed like a good idea at the time. My first lot of exams was reasonably traumatic. Here is a summary:
Exam #1: Gender, History & Culture
- Wake up late
- Injure eyeball while putting in contact lenses
- Cannot ride bike due to the rain
- Cannot find taxi due to the rain
- Phone a friend and make them drive me
- Accidentally slam my writing hand in the bathroom door
- Arrive 10 minutes after the exam has started with throbbing hand
- Mistake a pair of boobs for a bum and write half an essay on dual gendered identities before realising what was actually in the photo and having to rewrite the whole thing.
Exam score: 83
Overall grade: Credit
Exam #2: Australian Studies: Images of Australia
- Arrive on time to realise exam is open book and I did not bring my books
- Decide to go home and get books, sacrificing valuable writing time
- Run up the hill of death in Ultimo, through the pissing rain, trying to find a cab in morning peak hour
- Am too unfit and have to stop to rest while precious minutes tick away
- Stand in the rain for 10 minutes trying to find a taxi
- Find taxi
- Lose it to some lady in a power suit
- Find taxi
- Drive all the way home, get books, drive back to the exam venue
- Hand over $40 in taxi fares
- Sit exam, which started 20 minutes earlier
- Hate life.
Exam score: 80
Overall grade: Distinction
I ended up withdrawing from the following study period two days after the census date, forfeiting roughly $1,400 in HECS but not really caring.
When my mum gets back from Turkey, she will read this and be disappointed in me.